Black Widow

New Music: Iggy Azalea's Single Black Widow featuring Rita Ora is Topping the Charts!

7/23/2014 02:15:00 PM



Iggy Azalea is taking over. Fancy has been soaring higher and higher on the charts. Her debut album The New Classic is one of the top hip hop albums of 2014. That's saying a lot for a "new" artist. Iggy Azalea's latest single drop is Black Widow. One of my favorite songs on the album hands down. Rita Ora's vocals are flawless and to be honest she makes the song just zing. Iggy brings the song back to its core with her lyrical content. All in all I gotta say if Rita Ora had this song as her own and Iggy was featured it would still rock! I mean the song works in terms of being a hip hop/pop song. But either one of them could've presented this song to world with a few minor changes for Rita but it would have still topped because of Rita. No Tea, no shade on Iggy cause I love her but Rita really did the damn thang on this one. No lie.

Anyway I was looking at Iggy's Google+ profile a month ago and she announced her next single Black Widow and hinted at this Kill Bill theme. I was in immediately in love! Kill Bill: Volume 1 and 2 are two of my favorite films. I watch them faithfully! So you can imagine my excitement when I see two beautiful women with samurai swords on the Black Widow single cover. I was absolutely stoked. It even features actors from the Kill Bill movie. Anyone remember Bill's Brother Budd, played by Michael Madsen! I do! He was the one who got a Black Mamba to the face by Elle Driver. Michael Madsen is pictured below but it is unclear if there are other former Kill Bill alumni in the video.

  Rap-Up.com has some images from the video shoot and they are below. 

I love the theme videos. Its a nice change up from the normal twerk videos you see. I'm glad to see that change in hip hop seriously. Artists like Iggy Azalea (and Nicki Minaj, Angel Haze, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Schoolboy Q, etc) are venturing outside the norm of what is deemed to be hip hop visually and lyrically (in this generation) and creating their own niche in the game. Its inspiring and very very very refreshing! I can't wait for the video! The video will premiere in a few weeks!

Rita Ora on set of Black Widow

Iggy Azalea

Iggy and Rita


Michael Madsen, Rita Ora, and Iggy Azalea on set of "Black Widow" 

Look out for #BlackWidow and go get Iggy's Album: The New Classic!


Source: SingersRoom & Rap-Up

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

SUBSCRIBE

SUBSCRIBE