April 1st Single Release

Chris Brown's Set to Release Sixth Album Named: "X"

3/28/2013 09:48:00 AM

(Photo: Frank Micelotta/Picture Group)
Chris Brown is probably one of the most controversial, successful R&B/Pop artists in the world. He has way of garnering attention for just about anything he does both good and bad. But in this case he's getting attention for the right reasons, at least on my blog he will. Chris Brown is in the process of releasing his sixth album titled: X!

During a special listening session of X, Chris allowed several media outlets to come and see him in action. MTV, FUSE, USA Today, Huffington Post, etc were all allowed in the studio for the private session.

In his recent interview with Edna Gundersen of USA Today, he explained his new album. He divulges the direction of X and how he transitioned during the process:
"X is about life, it's about me," he says. "X is the 24th letter of the alphabet, and I'll be 24 when it comes out. When you see X on a vial, it's like forbidden fruit. For me, it means being able to express myself without a filter, without boundaries." 
"I wanted a Quincy Jones approach, where you bring in various writers and producers and they vibe off each other," he says. "I wanted to keep it comfortable and natural and draw creativity off the energy in the room. I wasn't focusing on what could make a No. 1 single. I was honing in on the craft and different emotions from my life. I was more open to defining who I am: Chris Brown, a young man, not a full-grown man." 
"That's my mentality," he says. "I'm focused on my path, on being more positive and on the up and up." 
"There's still a lot for me to prove," he says. "I have a lot of goals and ambition. I'm going to be better in the future."



Here are a few of the tracks and an in-depth description of their musical DNA (via USAToday.com):
  • Fine China. Roccstar and PK produced the soulful track written by Brown, Sevyn, Roccstar and Eric Bellinger. "I'm keeping it fresh but it pays homage to the old greats, Stevie Wonder, Sam Cooke and Michael Jackson," Brown says. "I don't like to go with what the crowd is doing or what I hear on the radio. I go with a gut instinct and what I feel in my heart."
  • Add Me In. Brown, Roccstar and Bellinger wrote the Danja-produced retro-R&B tune with a mathematical twist on romance. "I like to use metaphor," Brown says. "There's not a lot of synthesized sounds and Auto-Tune. It's just real singing."
  • Autumn Leaves. Produced by BAM and written by Brown and Roccstar, the unfinished tune's melancholy tone will lighten with the addition of an upbeat rap from Kendrick Lamar. "It's one of those songs that you put on in the car and just ride," Brown says. "It makes me think about a rainy day."
  • Lady in Glass Dress. Camper produced the inspirational track that Brown wrote with Sam Hook. "It's saying that I know there may be girls out there who have had their hearts broken and don't have faith in relationships anymore," Brown says. "They have dreams of being loved. Everything will be all right."
  • X. Producer Diplo brings an electronic wallop to hip-hop grooves on an autobiographical tune Brown penned with Roccstar, Sevyn and Dewaine Whitmore Jr. One lyric, in which the singer declines taunts to fight so he can rejoin a party, contradicts the rap on Brown.



My Opinion


Honestly I've always been a big fan of Chris Brown's from the very beginning. That has never changed. I can't wait until his new music comes out. I'm excited about some of his collaborations with artists like Kendrick Lamar and Rihanna. I'm anxious to hear how he going to mash up his music this time. 

On his last album Fortune, he combined music genres like Dubstep, Electronic, Pop, Hip Hop, and R&B, made a truly eclectic album. It is unique, something I didn't expect from him. I remember when I saw a recent interview of his on the FUSE, he explained the Fortune album direction. He said that he wanted to create new music that was not what he was hearing on the radio stations hear in the states. He wanted to fuse the music he made with the sounds and vibes he heard overseas. 

Fortune, 2012
It worked out really well because Fortune was a great album and I loved loved loved the track "Turn Up the Music". Played it so much my husband deleted it off my computer LOL! I liked other tracks as well like "Mirage" feat Nas, "Till I Die" feat Big Sean & Wiz Khalifa, "Biggest Fan", & "4 Years Old" So if the question is: Do I trust and believe that his vision will relay into good music? My answer is YES!

F.A.M.E., 2011
F.A.M.E. was a great lead up to Fortune. It mixed several different genres as well. It had more of a hip hop/pop feel to it than Fortune but it was an album that you could just put on and listen to all the way through without stopping. "Beautiful People", "Look at Me Now", "Should've Kissed You", "No B******T", "Up 2 You", & "She Ain't You", just some of my favorites from the album.


Graffiti, 2009
Graffiti is another one of Chris Brown's albums that was great. It was under rated because of the drama surrounding him personally. Because of the weight of the drama it got buried. But it was a good album tracks like "I Can Transform Ya", "Crawl", "What I Do", "Famous Girl", "Lucky Me" & "Gotta Be Ur Man". Loved Them! I still play this album to this day.

Exclusive: Forever Edition, 2008
Exclusive was the biggest success of Chris Brown's career. Most die hard fans will say that this is their favorite album of his. Of course I was a major fan of the album but I can't say it was my favorite. It helped him transition from that puppy love music he had and that was great. He had major hits like "With You", "Wall to Wall", "Kiss Kiss", ''Take You Down", & "Forever". But I liked tracks like "Damage", "Lottery", "Down" feat Kanye West, "I Wanna Be" & "Gimme Whatcha Got"


Chris Brown is a great artist that is constantly scrutinized for his personal decisions. In all actuality I don't give a d*** who he's with, what he wears, or what he's drinking. As long as he's in a safe place (mentally and physically), makes good music, and puts on a good performance when I see him in concert, I'm HAPPY. People forget that celebrities are humans, they make mistakes. Its so interesting that people make judgements about everything when they themselves are not living a picture perfect, mistake free life. 

Photo of Chris On Set of his New Video: "Fine China"
Anyway on April 1st is going to be a media frenzy! All in one day Chris is releasing the single Fine China, along with the music video. There's a tour planned, promotional appearances, and of course interviews. I'm excited about the new album! I hope it all works out for Chris Brown. He's a great entertainer and I LOVE watching him dance ;). I hope the album, tour, and single does well. Good Luck!

I was on tumblr last night and I saw some different album covers for his single Fine China, I can't officially confirm that they are the singles cover. I believe that these are fan created album covers for the single. 

Anyway enjoy guys. 

Again, Chris good luck on the new single, album, tour, everything! Just be you, nothing and no one else matters!

*Fine China is set to be released April 1st. 

 Source: USAToday.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

SUBSCRIBE

SUBSCRIBE