Cancelled

AXED! The CW Cuts 3 Shows From Its Lineup!

5/09/2014 01:52:00 AM



The CW network has brought the hammer down on several of its shows. Star-Crossed, Tomorrow People and The Carrie Diaries will not be returning for another season. Also another show that has been shelved the Supernatural spin off Bloodlines its status is up in there.

Apparently Bloodlines didn't do well with their pilot, it got terrible reviews and ratings so the network decided to shelve the show and regroup for a different concept later on down the line. In terms of the Tomorrow People, The Carrie Diaries and Star-Crossed ratings just weren't up enough to keep the shows running. Carrie Diaries averaged 1.1 million people, Star-Crossed 1.3 million, and Tomorrow People averaged 1.9 million. And with newcomers coming in like the Flash a sure fire rating crusher the CW had to make some room. 

While we're sad to see our beloved little Carrie go, I'm happy to report that the CW are renewing some really big crowd pleasers: The Hart of Dixie is getting renewed. Its got some wholesome sweet, down home moments that I guess people just can't resist. Its a cute show but its nothing to crowd around the TV for. The Beauty and the Beast was also renewed for another season. Not one of my favorite shows on the CW. So I wasn't happy or sad that it was renewed. It was just like "eh okay good for the actors they can continue to work." The show doesn't really peak my interest. And the new mid-season drama The 100 has been renewed. Haven't really sat down and watched the show but its got an interesting concept and it looks like a show I can try to get into I just need to set my TiVo to record it. As long as it doesn't interfere with my ID network I'm cool, LOL!

Coming up for the new season this fall we've got some shows that I'm actually really interested in checking out [via EntertainmentWeekly]

iZombie centers around a zombie medical student who gets a job working a coroners office to obtain a fresh supply of brains. But when she eats the brains she obtains all the memories of the dead and uses them to help to solve their murders. 
I think iZombie has an interesting plot. It may start off a little stagnant with the whole zombie situation but I wonder how they will spin it make it last beyond just her consuming brains and solving crimes. I'm intrigued!
Jane the Virgin is adapted from the highly successful telenovela. Its about a young religious woman who becomes pregnant by artificial insemination.
I'm not really compelled to test this show out. Telenovela's are very dramatic and passionate. American television is just not like that but I am curious to see how this will translate into American culture. But then again I'm not interested enough to watch when it premieres. I don't know I torn confused, DAMN IT; *SLAP* lol.  
The Messengers is about a mysterious object that crashes onto earth and kills several people. But those several people return and realize that they were meant stop an impending apocalypse.
The Messengers sounds like ABCs Resurrection. Although on Resurrection people still have no idea how their loved ones came back or even why or even what they are if they are not human. I think with this show though its worth checking out. Its not exactly the same as ABCs show but the basic concept is there though people dying then coming back to life but in this instance you know what they are doing and why they have returned. I interested to see how they make this work. 
Finally we come to the highly anticipated The Flash. While working in his lab during a storm one night, a bolt of lightning strikes a tray of chemicals soaking police scientist Barry Allen in its contents. Now able to move at super-speed, Barry becomes The Flash protecting Central City from the threats it faces.
I'm excited about this story. Usually the comic book shows are about Superman, Batman, etc. The major comic book heroes that you see all the time. You never see anything about the other members of the justice league and their struggles. I'm hoping that the show is good and I can watch. I wasn't very involved in comic books or rather graphic novels so I was not aware of the extent of the other characters impact on the DC comic book world. Hopefully now with the Arrow and the Flash TV shows I can become a stronger fan and seek other characters that are different from the more popular and well known.
Well with these new shows and their fail safes: The Arrow, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals and Reign you've got a pretty good set of shows coming to the fall and spring lineups of the 2014-2015 TV season. I can't wait to see what you dish out, Good Luck CW!

Here's a little treat! Check out the Teaser trailer for The Flash!


Sources: BuddyTV & EntertainmentWeekly

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

SUBSCRIBE

SUBSCRIBE