Fastlane

TV & Pay Per Views: WWE RAW Fastlane Predictions

3/05/2017 08:01:00 PM



Ok folks RAW's first standalone pay per view of 2017 starts in an hour or so and here are MY Predictions:

Kickoff Show: Akira Tozawa and Rich Swann vs The Brian Kendrick and Noam Dar 




Winner: Akira Tozawa and Rich Swann.This really isn't worth the analysis but since it's on the kickoff show, I'll give it a whirl. I think Akira and Rich will take this match because Noam Dar has barely any traction. He's been on quite the losing streak and the only thing he had going for his was his wasted feud with Cedric Alexander over Alicia Fox (still didn't understand what that was about but ok....). Kendrick, he's the veteran and an ok heel. But his rivalry or lack thereof with Akira is total BS. I don't get it nor do I care to. Akira's a great talent and I think to give him a solid rivalry with Tony Nese, Drew Gulak, Ari Daviri or even Noam Dar would've been all the push he needed. 

Main Event: 

KevinOwens vs. Goldberg (WWE Universal Championship)



Winner: Kevin Owens due to interference from someone whether it be Brock Lesnar or Chris Jericho I don't think this match will go over clean. My money is going with the Brock Lesnar interference. You have to remember Brock was eliminated in the Royal Rumble by Goldberg and not to mention that embarrassing and downright hilarious loss he suffered after all the bull shit he talked. I think won't return until Monday.

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 



Winner: Braun Strowman I want to Roman (cause I'm a big Roman fan) to win but with the way Strowman has been destroying people as of late it would seem pointless to get him to this point and then watch him lose. The only way I see Roman possibly picking up the win or even somewhat coming out on top is if someone interferes. And from what I here the interference may come from an unlikely character....The Undertaker. Everyone is wondering who the Undertaker will take on for his unmatched 22-1 streak. The target you ask well from many many many various reports I hear the target is the WWE Universe's beloved Roman Reigns. It would make sense seeing as how he did eliminate the Undertaker at the Rumble. It would set up for a great rivalry or least a more likely one. 

Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair 



Winner: Charlotte. Listen Charlotte is an AMAZING ATHLETE AND A GREAT HEEL. I give it to her she makes watching the women's division fun! I don't think keeping Charlotte champion is the answer. Charlotte can still be a great wrestler have amazing rivalries all while allowing other women become champion. In terms of Bayley being champion right now, I thought it was a bad move to give her the title this early in the game. I thought at Wrestlemania would be her shot at capturing the gold. It would have been done in grand fashion something that would've been talked about for years. That is still possible but it would've been so much sweeter had it been done 1 time at Wrestlemania. But getting back on topic, they will keep this streak alive. I don't think Charlotte will lose at a pay per view until Wrestlemania.

Samoa Joe vs. Sami Zayn 



Winner: Samoa Joe. I don't think after the vicious attacks and shaky wins he'll just lose tonight. Listen I've been waiting to see Samoa Joe in the WWE for a long time. But to make him a flunky for Triple H is undermining his talent and capability to be a true vicious heel or an amazing anti-hero. I love Sami Zayn and I feel like he should've won with his match Jericho. Which would allow the US Championship to be properly defended at Fastlane. I think Sami Zayn is getting the short end of the stick. He's a great Face/Hero and honestly, I'd rather watch him with his never say die attitude than to watch match after match after match end disqualification and cheating (can you guess who I'm referring to?). I can say this if Sami Zayn wins I won't be sad about it for sure. I'll leap for joy!

Neville vs. Jack Gallagher 



Winner: Neville. I don't think Jack will pull out a win tonight. I think it will a strongly contested win for Neville leaving the door open for a rematch possible triple threat between Rich, Jack, and Neville at Wrestlemania. Jack is a great character. He's charming funny and I think he's amazing in the ring. I just don't think he was the right choice for a possible Cruiserweight champion. Neville is pretty good at his heel role King of the Cruiserweights and I really enjoy watching him perform. Honestly, they could've easily booked him as the Face/Hero he was in the cruiserweight division but he had to be a heel just to be champion smdh. Anyway, I think Cedric Alexander was more deserving of this title shot. He's AMAZEBALLS in the ring and its fun to watch him. I LOVE Cedric. I think that whole Alicia/Noam Dar storyline sidetracked him. It was unnecessary and ridiculous. Hopefully, WWE will get things straight and book Cedric for a title run or if not Ced then make it Tony Nese. I love Tony Nese and he's another guy whose not being given a fair shot in this division. I hope they make some changes soon! I really want to see what they're going to do. BTW: I hate Austin Ares on commentary he annoys ME! He's arrogant and boring. I'd rather listen to Byron for the cruiserweights than him. 

Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. Enzo Amore & Big Cass



Winner: Gallows and Anderson. I think they will retain tonight be it clean or via cheating. Either way, they're not losing the championship belts tonight. Although it would be nice. Their championship reign has been the weakest and most uninteresting. I don't dislike Gallows and Anderson, in fact, I think they are an amazing tag team. I honestly think because the division is stacked better on SD Live they would flourish so much better than on RAW. However, their lack of a division isn't their biggest problem. Their BIGGEST problem is their personas. Now I know I know WWE creative exists. Yes, they do but Gallows and Anderson are terrible at their "given" personas. Weak punch lines, terrible execution, garbage wins, blah blah blah. They suck at being champions. They haven't done anything with any tag team be it Cass and Enzo or Cesaro and Sheamus. Hell SOUND and are a better rivalry. They are just boring and honestly, they make me want to change the channel every time I see a microphone in their hands, NERDS oh my god....just terrible. Now Enzo and Cass are entertaining as hell. I want them to be champions just to see Enzo run his mouth. Enzo's in ring performances could use some MAJOR overhaul but not every great character in the WWE had great in ring performance. Some were there just to be the mouthpiece and sometimes put on a show. 

Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax 



Winner: Sasha Banks I'm going for Sasha tonight. She hasn't had a good track record with Nia (hell no one has) but its time to prove that this woman is beatable. So I'm going to go with Sasha Banks but in the back of my mind I have a strong feeling Nia is going to pick up the win but officially I'm going STRONG with Sasha. Nia Jax was given the jobber patrol since she debuted. This is the first time she's ever had any real competition on RAW besides Bayley. Now she's been there longer than Bayley and should've been given a title shot before Bayley. Charlotte has gone through everyone except her. Now, if they take that title from Charlotte and allow Bayley to keep it only for to go down to Nia Jax I'm a be pissed off. Because they could've just let Charlotte vs Nia Jax happen. Charlotte is one of the greatest women's champions of all time there is no denying that but she can't be that without beating EVERYBODY THE BIGGEST AND THE BADDEST!



Let's hope and pray this pay per view is better than the last few RAW episodes and the last couple of pay per views. SD Live has been KILLING RAW as of late and if they don't start making some changes fast Smackdown will continue to dominate and RAW will become the secondary show. Which in all actuality for me especially these last few weeks it already has. 

Welp, those are my predictions and rants! I am semi excited but we shall see. Fastlane begins! Enjoy folks!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

SUBSCRIBE

SUBSCRIBE