#ImOut

Ciara Reaches Number #2 on Billboard Top 200!

7/18/2013 09:29:00 PM

Ciara's finally back on top! 
Album Art: Ciara 

A Little Background

Her album Ciara has debuted at number 2 on the Billboard Charts. Ciara hasn't had the best in the music field for the last 3 years.


When Ciara's debut album Goodies it was hot. Atlanta was the number one capital for southern car hopping music and Ciara capitalized on it big time. Singles like Goodies, Oh!, and One Two Step, were all chart topping bangers! With her AWESOME dancing skills and serious sexy swag Ciara became the it girl in music. But her style of music slowly began to become obsolete. And other talents began to emerge changing the landscape for Pop/R&B/Hip Hop artists. Talents like Rihanna, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, and Lady Gaga (these last two more so later than during her time but you get my drift).









Another hit was Ciara: The Evolution on that album she released several chart topping singles Promise (her biggest hit to date), Can't Leave Em Alone, Get Up and of course probably her biggest hit next to or beyond Promise, Like a Boy

She released new music on her album Fantasy Ride, it came out in 2009. Its breakout hit was Love Sex and Magic featuring Justin Timberlake. An international hit. After that she released a new album Basic Instinct but it didn't do as well as projected. Attributed to poor marketing by her label Laface, Basic Instinct barely went beyond #44 on the Top 100. Then her single Ride feat Ludacris garnered controversy when BET banned the video claiming it was too sexually charged for their network. The label didn't work on the promotion of Basic Instinct which resulted in Ciara having to market and promote her single Gimme Dat and her album Basic Instinct all on her own. Which didn't work out in her favor.



Fast forward to 2013 Ciara releases Body Party! Promoted very well and circulated constantly on Internet and public radio. Body Party was a sure fire hit and was number one on the charts and digital download for a very long time. Her follow-up single I'm Out featuring Nicki Minaj was just as huge.

Ciara has put herself on the map. Her singles are chart topping bangers and her album is currently #2 on the Billboard Top 200 charts. She's right between JAY-Z's Magna Carta Holy Grail and J. Cole's Born Sinner.




I'm glad she's back on top of the scene. Good for you girl!




Ciara is one of my favorite artists and when I found out that she came out with a new single and soon a new album I was amped. I was that girl in the early 2000s just waiting for a Ciara song to drop. Her music made you move. I bought her first album Goodies and her second album Ciara: The Evolution. I was gifted Fantasy Ride and I liked it a little bit, what I couldn't understand was why one of my favorite songs probably one of my main reasons for buying the album Go Girl featuring T-Pain was not apart of the album? I was shocked and a little pissed.


When Basic Instinct dropped I was less than impressed with the singles. I wasn't a huge fan of Ride but here in cleveland it was the first song people played in their car and at the club. It was everywhere. But when the video dropped, BET banned it claiming it was too vulgar for their network. Personally I think that's a load of crap. BET only has 1 show that shows videos and that's 106andPark. I've seen worse music videos than Ciara's just about every rap video with girls with their asses hanging out, breasts out, everything they do is sexually suggestive so WTF? And Gimme Dat I didn't even know it was a single until the album dropped and they said it was a single (Gimme Dat reminded me of Lose Control by Missy Elliot with less elegance LOL). I had never heard of the single or even knew what it was until Basic Instinct came out.



Anyway Ciara's album is awesome. Its vintage Ciara. I've been waiting for an album like this from her since Ciara: The Evolution. I wasn't a big fan of Fantasy Ride and I just totally disliked Basic Instinct. But when Body Party hit the airwaves I was "Oh OK here's the Ciara I know and love!" Anyway the CD flip flops between sultry sexy to hardcore heavy hitting dance music. Its a great CD to play in car or just to vibe out to for a night of dancing and sexy convo with your man or woman whichever you prefer.







Rating: Ciara Gets.....Drum roll Please.....B+!

Its a good album Ciara isn't really known for her singing but the girl can hit some serious falsetto so I had to give it a B+. She stuck to her true nature on this CD and played to her strengths, dance music. It's her calling 100%.


Ciara is available across the board: Target, Walmart, Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Everywhere! Go pick it up!

Source: MadameNoire

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

SUBSCRIBE

SUBSCRIBE