#MileyCyrus

Music Video Review: Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball

9/19/2013 11:32:00 PM




As I have said before I love this song by Miley. I figured the video would be just as gritty as the song but never in a million years could I have imagined this:



Now that that's over, lets get into the review. Miley's video is in my mind is supposed to represent vulnerability and opening up to someone only to be crushed in the end. That's what I got out of it even with the nudity (which was unnecessary by the way). I understand the hardcore emotional backing of the song but why couldn't that be displayed in the video. Why can't music videos be more so involved with the song? Why can't the song be about breaking up, abuse, hurt, cheating or what have you and the video actually display whats being said in the song? Why do these videos have to be little satirical pieces that would take the artist or the director to actually explain what is being displayed in front of them? Its too much!

I think Miley shedding her image is great. But there are other kid artists who did in the right way. Case in point; Justin Timberlake, Keke Palmer. These guys were Disney kids too but they didn't allow that to stop them from being stars beyond Disney. And they were consistent. Their music and acting changed gradually. Personally I see nothing wrong with what she's doing. If she claims this is her than so be it. But even she would have to admit the shock of the public with her being naked on a wrecking ball and licking a sledge hammer is a DRASTIC CHANGE. Since she's fine with it I'm fine with it. I don't need to watch her performances or look at her videos to enjoy her music. I like and enjoy her music, so far. So until I hear something different that I don't like I will continue to listen to her music. 

A Note to Parents: If you feel like Miley Cyrus is too racy for your daughters and sons then do something about it. Protect them. Take the necessary precautions to ensure that your computer is encrypted for safe web surfing. Ensure that your TV has the V-Chip activated to protect your children. And contact your cell provider to ensure your family cell phones can be tracked. If that doesn't work believe me there are plenty of tracking, hacking, spyware apps/software to ensure your kids are not receiving anything inappropriate or looking at anything inappropriate on the net. Do what you have to do to inform your children and protect them. Cause the world is becoming more free by the minute. Soon full nudity will be allowed on Network Television (ABC, CBS, NBC, CW, etc). So just protect children. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

SUBSCRIBE

SUBSCRIBE