#Famous

New Album Release: Famous by Marques Houston

9/04/2013 10:41:00 PM


Officially, Famous has been out for several days now. It was released on August 27th. If I hadn't come across a video for Marques Houston's: Famous documentary on Vevo I would've even known a new album was released. I heard no buzz about this new album from any media outlet. This album has been out for a solid week. There was no marketing at all, if it was it sure didn't do much. Maybe its me, I haven't listened to the radio in over 6 years (LOL) sad I know. Anyway there were 3 singles released from the Famous: Give Your Love A Try, Fly Away, and Only You. These singles were released earlier this year. 

Give Your Love A Try is a great R&B song. Its smooth and sultry with a hint of falsetto. Fly Away is a slow ballad about the loving a woman the right way. Only You is a remake of Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On. I'm not too keen on this one. I'll say this Marvin Gaye did a much better job with the original. Not knocking Marques Houston's talent cause I love his music throughout the years. I'm just saying I'm not a fan of this song. 



Music Video for Fly Away



Music Video for Only You



I also found this documentary about Marques Houston and his feelings on being famous and just entertaining in general. It's really interesting to get a peek inside his life and head. Check it out!


Famous is available now on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, etc. Go get it, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

SUBSCRIBE

SUBSCRIBE