#NowListening2

New Music Alert: Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus & Hear Miley's Previous Single We Can't Stop

9/04/2013 04:37:00 PM

Miley Cyrus has decided to make sure she shakes that Disney good girl image by replacing it with an edgier, overly sexualized look. Although I think she doesn't have to go this far to get attention. On the brighter side of things her music isn't half bad. I actually really like both singles We Can't Stop and Wrecking Ball, 2 singles that have been released from her upcoming debut album Bangerz. I'm calling it a "debut album" because this is a new Miley. She's not singing about being stuck in two worlds or teenage puppy love anymore i.e. Hannah Montana. So I figure I should recognize her as a new artist on the edgy Pop music scene.


Her first single off of Bangerz is We Can't Stop. I happen to like the song. Its a song for partying and its a little slow with a simple beat but its catchy, I like it alot. I'm not really into the lovely combo of twerking and teddy bears but its her thing I'm a let her have it. Anyway the song itself is just a track about being rebellious and doing what they want to do, partying all night long and just living life. Take a listen for yourself:


Wrecking Ball is completely the opposite of We Can't Stop. Wrecking Ball is a strong emotional ballad about relationship trauma. This song is a really, really good breakup song. It has a strong rocker vibe without all heaviness of rock music (if that makes sense lol) It describes the strong emotional ties in a rocky relationship and the difficulty of walking away from it (at least that's what I got from it, if you feel differently then by all means enlighten me). It's a really good song and the way Miley conveys it makes it even more raw and emotional. Miley killed this song and I love it!


Bangerz (Deluxed Edition) Album Cover

Anyway I am enjoying the new music Miley is putting out. Not going to say I'm running to see her in concert but I do like the singles she's put out. The reason why for concerts are out of the question is because its difficult for me to put the 2 images together. Her music and her vision for her performances and videos are way off base in my book. I can't see them together. So I will probably be more incline to buy the album rather than a ticket to the concert. #imjussayin

Bangerz is available for Preorder on iTunes right now! You will get these two singles Wrecking Ball and We Can't Stop.

Bangerz Standard Album Cover


By the way this cover is channeling the 80s, RIGHT? She's giving that George Michaels, Miami Vice chic look (LMAO in my Fashionista voice!)

Bangerz is set to be released October 8th.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

SUBSCRIBE

SUBSCRIBE