Ariana Grande

New Music Video Review: Ariana Grande - Problem ft. Iggy Azalea

6/19/2014 12:14:00 PM


Ariana Grande's newest single Problem dropped a few weeks ago and took the world by storm. Its a trendy upbeat pop single with hints of the past. Ariana Grande is a powerhouse singer and with new comer Iggy Azalea featured on the track it was sure to begin its climb on the pop charts. With all the success and mystery surrounding the single the next logical question people would ask is: "I wonder what the video will look like?"


With the hints Ariana was dropping on her twitter and instagram accounts up until the songs actual debut I assumed that majority of the video would have a strong 60s vibe and I was right. The video does wink at the past a lot but its very sporadic and all over the place. You would think that it would have been put together better but sadly it was not.


From the beginning its a very confusing video. Grande is noticeably lip syncing which I can deal with honestly its no big deal. Its a music video. Its just not something I'm used to. Most artists will sing or rap the lyrics as they are being played. To ensure what is being presented is authentic. The next thing that was perplexing (yeah I just used that word) was the weird hugging of the arms thing she was doing. It looked forced and out of place [see video at 2:39]. It just didn't look right like something was off.


Honestly it wasn't a total waste it was just little pieces in the video that felt out of place. It looked like it wasn't well thought out and everything that was done was being rushed. At first I was disappointed with the video. There were so many avenues that could've been taken with this song. I'm a fan of both Iggy Azalea and Ariana Grande and will continue to be. It wasn't a bad reflection on either of the artist. This is a reflection on the director and the team behind the concept/execution of the video. Either way its just my opinion formulate your own and let me know whether you like or nah as the kids these days say (BTW: Why do they say that? Where did that come from? Dude, I'm only 27 and I swear I don't where these new age kids come from I'm so lost in the sauce. I'm just gonna stick to my old school and keep it pushing.)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

SUBSCRIBE

SUBSCRIBE