Amy Winehouse

Beyonce Rumored to Cover Amy Winehouse's Hit "You Know I'm No Good"!

4/03/2013 11:22:00 PM

Amy Winehouse

Amy Winehouse probably one of the best and original artists of are time. She's gone but not forgotten. 

Now in the rumor mill: Ms. Winehouse's music is going to be used in the movie Gatsby (a remake of the 1974 Classic The Great Gatsby and adaptation of F. Scott-Fitzgerald's novel). 

The Great Gatsby in May 10. 2013
But the bigger part of the rumor is that according to Glamour magazine, Beyonce maybe covering the song for the soundtrack of the movie. This is just a rumor and nothing has been confirmed or set in stone. 

Beyonce at the Premiere of Her Documentary Life Is a Dream

You can read the rest of article to hear the author's take on Beyonce covering other classics in the link at the end of this blog (i will touch on that one in a minute but right now I'm focusing on the Amy Winehouse's music so push pause for a second). 

First off let's just clock the T on Ms. Winehouse's music. Honestly there was nothing to change about the way Amy Winehouse sang that song. I think it was perfect for her and the way it was portrayed in her voice was perfect. There is no need to change ANYTHING. Furthermore Beyonce would take away from the song I think and not do it much justice. There is nothing missing from that song, putting Beyonce on the cover of that song will do 2 things: 1-Change the mood of the song (its supposed to be raw and gritty). When Beyonce belts out that song it will come out with a romantic undertone or a empowering undertone and that's not what the song is about. 2-It will lose its edge. That's what made the song so GREAT. That's the best part of the song her voice being on it. With Beyonce covering it, a lot of the beautiful satire that was there will be gone. 

Now in the article the author goes on to say Beyonce should cover Whitney Houston "I Have Nothing", Same Cooke "A Change Gone Come", The Beatles "Let It Be", Joni Mitchell "A Case of You" & Maps "Yeah Yeah Yeahs"

Some of the people the author mentioned I don't listen to so I'm not going to speak bad on their music or Beyonce covering it. As matter of fact I won't get ratchet and say something ignorant I'm just going to say this: I love Whitney Houston and Sam Cooke so to me no one can do any of their songs justice but them. They are the matriarch and I know imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery but nobody is close enough to sing their music properly with the right emotion and power. So in my book NO ONE WILL DO THEM JUSTICE IN ANY KIND OF COVER OR REMAKE. #imjustsayin

Love it or Hate it, that's my OPINION! 
\
Source: Glamour.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

SUBSCRIBE

SUBSCRIBE