Luke James

New Artist Alert: Luke James is on the RISE!

4/09/2013 10:29:00 PM



Most people would argue that Luke James is not new but this is my review of the music he has put out under his own brand and what I think of him as an artist.

There has been a surge of songwriters becoming artists within the last 8 years. Of course these people were not the first but they surely were a part of this major boom. Ne-Yo would have to be one of the biggest of them all to start from song writing to actual performances. He was the first to my recollection of the singer/songwriter surge (just to be clear he wasn't the first singer/songwriter ever but as I said there was a surge in the music industry and he was at the forefront) to be a mega star coming from behind the scenes to the stage. Other artists like Sean Garrett, Ryan Leslie, Keri Hilson, and now the man of the hour Luke James.

Luke James is a singer/songwriter from New Orleans, LA. Luke James has written mega hits for major music industry stars. You might've heard them on the radio: Crawl performed by Chris Brown, Kill the Lights performed by Britney Spears, and That Should Be Me performed by Justin Bieber (Keri Hilson & Brandy included). He was also selected by Beyonce to appear in her Run the World video and be the opening act on her recent Who Run the World Tour.

Luke James has a soulful sultry approach to his performances and music. Its a very sexy and almost hypnotic feeling when you hear him sing (at least it is to me;). His voice is smooth and very soothing. I crave that in an R&B artist. The thing that sets Luke James apart from the R&B in music today is that he knows when to croon and when to bellow. What do I mean by that you ask? Well I'll tell you, LOL. In the song I Want You, to me that is a power song and a ballad all in one. He croons during the verse and bellows during the chorus. Its very strong and even though its a love song it still has the strength and power of his voice behind. No one and I mean NO ONE can sing that song the way he did. There was feeling behind that song. Luke James knows how to the balance between being a crooner and a power singer. I find that to be extremely AWESOME!

Luke James is one of the best R&B artists to date. He's my top 5 fave artists of the last 2 years and I have bought every single he's come out with and I went and found his mix tape Made to Love and this free album Whispers in the Dark. Here why don't you listen for yourself:



See! I told you!!! I'm just going to leave you with the music and videos you can listen and judge for yourself. I'm casting my vote he's an awesome singer, very good looking, and I can't get enough of his music! Luke James has several singles out: I.O.U., I Want You, and Make Love To Me.

I Want You - Luke James

I.O.U. - Luke James

Make Love To Me - Luke James




All of Luke James' singles are available on iTunes, Amazon, and Google Play!
I have posted both mixtapes here in my blog. Check them out for yourselves!


Sources: last.fm and datpiff.com



You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

SUBSCRIBE

SUBSCRIBE