Gossip

New Music Alert: Fantasia, John Legend, J. Cole & More!

4/12/2013 03:28:00 AM

New Music Alert from Some of My Favorite Artists!!!!!

First Up is Fantasia!

Fantasia gets a lot of flack for her personal choices but her music speaks for itself. It seems lately like the trend for music is to take it back to the 90s and 80s style. This new song Lose to Win is great. Its a slow groove with a mild uptempo beat. Fantasia's voice is very unique and not all music would mesh right with her voice. But in this case who ever produced the track really took the time to find the music that really complimented her. I absolutely love the song and wish Ms. Tasia, LOL the best of luck.


Below is the video of Lose to Win, Enjoy!





Next Up is J Cole!

Rap artist J. Cole has finally dropped a new single. Sometime last year he dropped a single called Miss America (which was amazing by the way!) and I didn't hear anything else from him since. I was shopping around the net last night and came across this new song by J. Cole called Power Trip feat Miguel. This duo did well with Miguel's single All I Want Is You, so it seems natural for them to work together again. Well Power Trip is a great mash up of the two worlds. J. Cole comes in hard with a crucial beat and his signature lyrical satire, but then Miguel's part comes around its like an RnB song begins. The tempo slows a little and Miguel serenades all over the chorus. Its a great representation of both worlds, genres, and artists. So without further ado one of my favorite rappers...J Cole!

Listen to Power Trip and Miss America below!

J. Cole's Sophomore album "Born Sinner" is Coming Soon!








Next is John Legend!

John Legend is one of my favorite RnB/Soul artists. His voice is so smooth and there is no singer like him. I have every album he's ever made to this day can play them all in succession from beginning to end without stopping. Sampling Ms. Jean Knight's mega hit Mr. Big Stuff, Who Do We Think We Are is an instant hit. The song has a slow groove feel to with a hard heavy beat at its core. Rick Ross adds a great hip hop element to the song. The changes of the song paired with its creativity works. Again I'm a major fan of John Legend's music and I think he so incredibly talented beyond what he's given credit for.

Well click the player below to listen to John Legend's Who Do We Think We Are feat Rick Ross.



Then there was Fabolous!

I was a big fan of Fabolous. He debuted when I was in high school. After a while I just stopped listening to him. Doesn't mean I didn't like his music anymore or that I wasn't into him. I just simply stopped listening to him. But I did do some research about him and I found out that he was releasing a lot of mixtapes over the last couple of years. His new single was released in the mainstream. The single is called Ready feat Chris Brown (good choice for a feat, Chris Brown's new single Fine China is running up the charts and he's always a hot commodity). Initially the song is really good Chris Brown singing on the hook music fits and then Fabolous comes in for the verse and its...I don't know not my cup of tea. Im just going off what I hear and what I hear aint good! Chris Brown really makes this song. Without him it would suck INDEFINITELY. Honestly I could do without it and if Chris Brown had've had this song and just featured Fabolous it would be a instant hit. Im just not feeling it. Anyway listen for yourself

Ready feat Chris Brown



Finally Ms. India.Arie

India.Arie is what people would call a Neo-Soul artist. The kind of stuff you would hear at those coffee shop open mic nights, Spoken Word Clubs or a Poetry House. India.Arie is known her hits like Video, Brown Skin, I Am Not My Hair, Theres Hope, and Get It Together. Now her new single in quite some time is called Cocoa Butter. The reemergence of her and her music has sparked some controversy because of the single's cover art. Its rumored that Ms Arie proud advocate of brown skin has bleached her skin. However I believe it is simply the lighting and photoshop that makes her appear to lightened her skin. Anyway Cocoa Butter is alright. Its right along the lines of her music heavy bass, semi-up beat, sultry music. Its nothing different what she normally sings and I like it. Listen for yourself and tell me what you think! Cocoa Butter by India.Arie.




Source: MusicPlayOn.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

SUBSCRIBE

SUBSCRIBE